A classroom Twitter Wall

A teacher I work with uses this idea in the classroom with Year 6 students and I love it! I think it gives students a ‘guided’ opportunity to voice their opinions and feelings using Twitter. They are able to ‘tweet’ at certain times of the day during class about anything they feel relevant. I think it is a great way for children to learn the importance of being responsible and respectful when using social media. It gives teachers an opportunity to discuss positive and negative aspects as they arise, helping them to become more aware. I found something similar on Pinterest (a growing love of mine) and thought I would share! Click here 🙂

3 thoughts on “A classroom Twitter Wall

1. Pingback: Where will I find the time for social media?

2. Hi Mrs Hargreaves,

Thank you for a great post. I must admit this is something I struggled with initially – how to integrate twitter or other social media into the classroom. So, a couple of days ago I put it out there on twitter, to get some ideas for primary school integration, as I was concerned that using social media was not always acceptable in all classroom’s. Here is the link to my twitter post: https://twitter.com/KellyFrintzilas, maybe you could put your personal experience with twitter on there.

Your post got me thinking about how I could make the time for social media, so while going back over some recent tweets on twitter, I found a great article titled ‘The busy person’s guide to social media’. You can find it on my blog: http://mrsfrintzilas.edublogs.org/2013/02/27/where-will-i-find-the-time-for-social-media/ under the post heading ‘Where will I find the time for social media?’

I have used your post (and made a link to it within my post) as a starting point for my reflection as it got me thinking about social media and how I could best manage it in my life.

Thanks for sharing

Mrs Frintzilas

3. Pingback: Week Two: Blog Three – Mrs Hargraves “A classroom Twitter Wall” opinion | Renee K Brigden